Public Schools Philosophy
1. to enable students to grow academically, socially, and emotionally by encouraging them to accept responsibility and to understand the consequences of their decisions;
2. to provide students with opportunities to master basic skills essential to competent functioning in society, including the ability to read, write, listen, and speak and view proficiently; to understand basic mathematical concepts; and to acquire a general knowledge of the sciences;
3. to enable students to apply knowledge, problem-solving techniques, creativity, and current technology from the various disciplines to the challenges presented by our changing society and physical environment;
4. to enable students to pursue independent thought and research through both assigned and self-initiated projects;
5. to enable students to explore the world’s cultural heritage through experiences which help to broaden social awareness;
6. to provide curricular and co-curricular activities which will give students the opportunity to grow aesthetically, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially through interaction with others;
7. to provide appropriate programs and services for students with special intellectual, physical, and emotional needs;
8. to enable students to develop aesthetic appreciation through integral experiences in art, music, science, literature, and languages;
9. to enable students to develop as healthy individuals by providing life skills through health and physical education programs and health services;
10. to enable students to develop personal and vocational skills through appropriate grade level experiences in foreign language, practical, and technical arts;
11. to enable students to meet their academic, personal, social, emotional, and vocational needs through guidance, counseling, and special services;
12. to enable students to learn the responsibilities of citizenship in a democracy, emphasizing participation in global, national, and community affairs through practical curricula and co-curricular activities in the social sciences;
13. to enhance the capabilities of the staff by setting expectations and by providing opportunities for growth through professional development and other experiences;
14. to foster greater community understanding and support by encouraging citizen involvement in school activities and programs;
15. to provide a safe and orderly environment conducive to the learning process.Type your paragraph here.
AMC PHOTO Inc.
The School Photo Company / AMC Photo inc.
©1988-2017 AMC PHOTO Inc.,All rights reserved
NYC DOE Vendor #AMC1000
schedule presentation or/and school picture day with our company now